Weekly Log: (13 hours)
|Task||Date Complete||Time Spent||Evidence|
|Research (Circle 5, Anger)||02/05/17||1 hour||Link to appropriate blog post (with research notes)|
|Brainstorming (Circle 5, Anger) – level concept, mechanics, level resolution||04/05/17||3 hours||Link to appropriate blog post (with research notes)|
|Unreal Engine – combat mechanics||04/05/17||4 hours||Link to appropriate blog post (with screenshots)|
|Team Meeting||04/05/17||2 hours||See – team meeting minutes|
|Writing my own blog posts||04/05/17||1 hour||N/A|
|Working on team pitch powerpoint||04/05/17||2 hours||See – presentation slides|
- Researched the Fifth Circle of Hell (Anger)
- Researched the Horror genre and how to produce it
- Brainstormed theme and concepts for the Fifth Level, using mythos and research
- Brainstormed mechanics for the Fifth Level
- Created a ‘defensive crouch’ action in UE4
- This week in UE4 I learnt how to use Gamemodes, Player Characters (mesh vs skeleton vs actor) and how to keymap actions and implement basic animations using Blueprints.
- I also learnt the Fifth Circle of Hell mythos according to Dante’s Inferno and Greek mythologies.